I am a garlic lover, from garlic noodles to garlic flat bread I love everything that has garlic. I know many people don’t like it but I think it just adds that kick into the food that makes it more appealing. I grew up in an Indian household where roti or chapatis or flatbreads are something we used to eat on a daily basis. As I grew up, I decided to find alternatives because eating the same thing gets really boring.
I explored so many recipes but the one which I found easiest to prepare is garlic flatbread. I absolutely love the taste and they go very well with my favourite coconut curry soup. I also love it with chutney and pickles. There are days when I just put some lehsun ki chutney over it and eat it. For me there is no such thing like too much garlic, I can devour it all. Do try the garlic flatbread recipe and let me know how it turned out.
Garlic Flatbread Recipe to Go with CurryCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Garlic flatbread is one of the easiest recipe to prepare to go with your currys and soups.
1.5 cup self-raising flour
1 cup yoghurt
1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon butter
3 cloves of garlic
Pinch of salt
- Add flour, oil, yoghurt and salt into a bowl and make dough.
- Make a ball and cut it into half.
- Mould into flatbread shape with a rolling pin or your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot, add flatbread.
- Melt butter and put garlic in it, then microwave it for 20 seconds.
- Top one side of flatbread with this butter mix.
- Fry on each side for roughly 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Garnish your flatbread with parsley and serve.
- If you are using flavoured yoghurt then, go with coconut yoghurt, it tastes best.
- You can use garlic powder or minced garlic to make butter mix if you are in a hurry.
- You can add herbs of your choice into the dough to make it more flavorful.
- You can add more salt if you like your flatbreads salty.