The biggest struggle I face every morning is to decide what to cook. I don’t like to repeat the same stuff and I also want something which is healthy as well as delicious. Maybe I am asking for too much but I always find something. Just like that I found fresh coconuts from a nearby market. I thought of making that delicious South Indian coconut chutney but then, I decided to do an experiment and turn it into a meal. I have tried coconut soup in thai restaurants but never tried to cook it at home.
Coconuts are full of nutrition’s and they add good flavour to everything they get added into. I wanted to make something I can have for lunch or dinner and here I prepared coconut curry soup. It’s thick, creamy and delicious. Topped with lime wedges and yoghurt it looks so appealing. You can eat it alone or with flatbread. So here is the recipe for creamy coconut curry soup.
Creamy Coconut Curry Soup RecipeCourse: Recipes
Coconut curry soup is a delicious recipe prepared with coconut milk, vegetable broth along with some vegetables.
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoon garlic paste
2 tablespoon ginger paste
2 tablespoon curry powder
4 cup coconut milk
4 cup vegetable broth
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup dry red lentils
2 cup spinach
1 fresh lime
- Put the saucepan on medium heat and add oil.
- Finely chop the onions and saute them in the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic paste, curry powder and ginger paste to onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add red lentils, vegetable broth, coconut milk and tomatoes in the saucepan.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Then, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and leave it on flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, yoghurt and lime.
- You can add red chili, cinnamon or any other spices of your choice if you want it spicy.
- Use fresh coconut milk for this recipe if it’s available. If not then, you can easily find a can of coconut milk from a nearby grocery store.
- Don’t cook onions too much, just lightly saute them to get that sweet flavour.
- Let the curry simmer for more time if you want thicker consistency.
- You can add red bell peppers to give it a thai flavour. I just can’t eat so much spicy food, so I have skipped it.