We all know beetroots are good for health. They are rich in folate, magnesium, phosphorus and other essential nutrients. Incorporating them in a meal is really difficult as they are not appealing to most of us. Few months back, I came across a beetroot raita recipe by Alia Bhatt and absolutely loved it. We all know raita is a popular side dish in Indian meals. You should try this if you want to add beetroot into your meal.
Beetroot Raita Recipe From Alia BhattCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Alia Bhatt’s beetroot raita is really delicious and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It is a healthy snack.
1 cup curd
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
2 teaspoon chaat masala
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
2 curry leaves
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon asafoetida powder
2 teaspoon black mustard seed
Salt to taste
- Boil beetroot and grate it after removing the peel.
- Combine beetroot and curd in a bowl.
- Add black pepper, cumin powder, chaat masala, coriander leaves, salt and mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaf with asafoetida powder.
- Let them splutter and switch the flame off.
- Pour the tadka over the beetroot and enjoy.