There are so many coffee beverages to try that I think this life is really not enough for that but still I try. The first time I had Almond date butter Latte, it was in a cafe at a hill station in India.
Honestly, I am not much of a latte fan. But when I saw almond butter and cinnamon in the ingredient list, I was just captured. The flavour of Medjool dates with coffee is just enough to get you high.
Basically, the oat milk with almond butter makes this drink creamy. The cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla and orange just go so well together that it’s a heaven’s brew, trust me.
If I have to define this latte drink then, I would say it is sweet and spicy. It does not contain any sweetener, Medjool dates are what make this drink sweet and they taste like nectar.
Also, date latte is gluten free and dairy free so your body is going to love it. Plus it makes a good drink for you if you are a vegan.
Almond Butter Date Latte Recipe To Turn Your Home Into CafeCourse: Recipes
Almond butter date latte is a sweet and spicy beverage with goodness of spices and sweetness of dates.
1 cup Oat milk
2 large Medjool date
2 tablespoon Creamy almond butter
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
A pinch of Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 strip Orange peel
1/2 cup Strong hot coffee
- In a saucepan, add the oat milk, almond butter, dates, cinnamon, cayenne, orange peel, and vanilla.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and whisk occasionally.
- Remove the milk from heat and pour it into a blender.
- Blend everything till you get a liquid of Creamy and smooth texture.
- Add this mix into the cup with hot coffee and enjoy.
- If you can’t find Oat milk, you can use plant based milk such as soy milk, coconut milk or just cow milk.
- You can use black tea instead of black coffee if you are not a coffee person.
- You can prepare Almond butter at home as well if you are unable to find it.
- Do use a high power blender as blending dates is a bit difficult.
- You can adjust the flavor of this beverage by increasing or decreasing the amount of dates, cinnamon and pepper.
All in all, this sweet beverage will put a smile on your face. Additionally, you cannot deny the benefits of medjool dates.
You can enjoy a date latte during snowfall and monsoon. I personally enjoy it more during winters with snow falling out everywhere.
Almond date latte goes well with chocolate chip cookies which have the bitterness of dark chocolates.
Moreover, you can try this beverage with any savoury pastry of your choice. I will strongly suggest you go with something that has dark chocolate in it.