Non dairy milks are not that easy to find in the market. Most of the time it’s difficult to find the ones that are creamy and free from preservatives. Worry not, you can easily prepare creamy almond & cashew milk at home. You can even store it for five days in a refrigerator. This homemade milk will be preservative free, refined sugar free, creamy and delicious.
You can use this almond cashew milk for making milkshakes, smoothies, puddings and so much more. Add it into curry to give it a creamy texture. I always add it to my coconut curry soup. Plant based milks are easy to prepare at home so, stop buying this stuff from the Market and put your blender to a good use.
Almond Cashew Milk at Home | RecipeCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Almond & cashew milk is Creamy milk that can be easily prepared at home. Recipe is easy and takes less than 10 minutes.
1 cup almond
1 cup cashew
2 medjool dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of kosher salt
- Soak almond and cashew overnight in water.
- Blend them in 4 cups of fresh water along with medjool dates.
- Strain the mix and squeeze out the milk.
- Add vanilla extract and kosher salt in the milk.
- Pour in a jug and store in a fridge.
- You can skip adding medjool dates if you don’t want your milk to be sweet.
- Blend nuts with fresh water.
- Use properly dried and good quality nuts to prepare milk.
- Use the leftover nut pulp left in soups, puddings or curries.
- Use a nut bag to strain out the milk, they work better than other alternatives.