Summer is at its peak and everyone is trying to find solutions for it. I treat myself with cold beverages and so much more. One of the easiest ways to kill summer heat is having a slushie. That cold thing just melts inside you and gives you a blast of north pole breeze. I prepare many types of slushies but here at my place there is abundance of watermelon during summers. Thus, I try to prepare most of my summer treats with them. Watermelon slushies are perfect for a hot afternoon or as a companion of your brunch. I often serve them to my guests and they love it.
Watermelon Slushie to Kill Summer HeatCourse: Recipes
Watermelon slushie will help you kill some summer heat, it’s easy to make and cold like the north pole.
3 cup watermelon (seedless)
1/4 cup sugar syrup
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Strain the juice with a muslin cloth.
- Pour juice into a baking tray or container.
- Place in a freezer and wait for 2 hours.
- Serve it in a glass or container with garnish of your choice.
- Try to use ripe watermelon but not over ripe one.
- Adjust sugar syrup as per your taste, some people don’t appreciate sugar in their fruit.
- You can make it lip smacking by adding chaat masala or shikanji masala in it.
- Don’t let it freeze too much or it will lose slushie consistency.