Upset stomach can be really irritating, it causes discomfort and can lead to serious health issues. Some of the common symptoms of an upset stomach are heartburn, bloating, belching, nausea and gas. Here are some home remedies to cure an upset stomach.
- Ginger tea or ginger ale can help with an upset stomach as it contains gingerols and shogaols which may help to reduce nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Boil mint leaves in one water and drink it. It helps relieve pain and reduces muscle spasms in the intestines.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon and one teaspoon baking soda in a glass of water. Drink this to reduce gas and increase liver secretion.
- Add one teaspoon cinnamon powder in a cup of lukewarm water and drink it. Cinnamon helps to reduce gas, bloating and belching.
- Having powdered cumin with a cup of buttermilk helps with indigestion and bloating.
- Follow a BRAT diet which includes banana, rice, applesauce, and toast. It helps with diarrhoea.
Tips for a healthy stomach
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat food that helps with digestion.
- Drink ORS.
- Include fibre rich food in your diet.
- Avoid fatty and creamy food.
- Do exercise regularly.