January is really cold this year, don’t you think? I struggle with cough and cold during this month every year. What gets me through this difficult time is homemade Immunity booster laddu. This recipe is a mixture of two recipes, one is from my maternal grandmother and other is from my paternal grandmother. The combination of both recipes gives me a delicious ball of goodies that I absolutely love.
The ingredients used are full of nutrients and boosts the Immune system. This is my go to snack during winters. It has everything from almonds to coconuts. This is different from dry fruit laddu and is super easy to make.
Delicious Immunity Booster Laddu RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Laddu is a very popular Indian sweet. People prepare immunity booster laddu during cold weather with ingredients such as fox nuts, flax seeds etc.
5 cup jaggery powder
1\2 cup sesame seeds
1\2 cup almond
1\2 cup groundnut
1\2 cashew nuts
1 cup flax seed
1 cup ghee
1 cup fox nuts (makhana)
1 spoon Cardamom powder
1 cup oat flour
1 cup gondh (acacia gum)
1\4 cup coconut shreds
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry gondh. Gondh must be puffed after frying. Then, blend them to get powder.
- Fry almonds, groundnuts, fox nuts and cashews until lightly golden and then coarsely crush in a blender.
- Fry sesame seeds and flax seeds until they turn light brown. Grind them to get fine powder.
- Mix all the ingredients in a container and add jaggery powder.
- Add ghee into the mixture and roll them into balls. If you face trouble rolling them into balls then, add some hot ghee.